Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My 1st Workshop!

I held my first Stampin' Up/Thirty-One workshop this past Sunday and it went great!  Thanks to all the girls who came out to support me and a special thanks our hostess, Catherine.  I still have some kinks to work out but overall I was pleased with how it went. 

We did two "make & takes"....
This card was made using the Always stamp set.  We used Marina Mist, Real Red, and Old Olive colors (one of my favorite color combos - thank you Color Coach).  The Marina Mist cardstock was embossed with the Elegant Lines Embossing Folder.  We accented the heart with Real Red Satin Ribbon and used the circle punch from Itty Bitty Punch Pack.


We also made a picture or recipe card holder using a large binder clip.  The stamp set was Butterfly Prints.  Of course I love Butterfly Prints for the houndstooth butterfly but it is just a great set overall.  Our color combo was Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, and Tempting Turquoise.  We used the Designer Print paper in matching colors to cover the black of the binder clip.  We also backed each printed butterfly with the coordinating cardstock paper punched with the Butterfly Punch. We added of piece of the Daffodil Delight grosgrain ribbon on top.

Now I can't wait for my next workshop!!!  Let me know if your interested in hosting your own workshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment